Do you want to work for an organization where your personality, skills and time are worth investing in? Are you looking for an exciting job with clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe! We are one of the largest and most respected private organizations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. We are a politically independent and non-denominational organization, our values-driven actions are always based on humanitarian principles. Our vision is a world in which everyone has the opportunity and the right to lead a self-determined life with dignity and justice, free from hunger and poverty.
Welthungerhilfe’s head office is in Bonn, Germany, while the response in Syria is managed from our country office in Gaziantep. Welthungerhilfe was established in Turkey in 2013 specifically to help people affected by the Syrian crisis. Since then, the organization has expanded the scope and scale of its program to make the greatest possible contribution to meeting humanitarian needs in Turkey and northwestern Syria. Welthungerhilfe has field offices in Azaz and Afrin, as well as in Ankara, Istanbul, Hatay and Mardin. The Syria response program includes food security, WASH services, shelter and non-food item services, protection, early recovery and livelihoods.
If you would like to be part of this joint mission to Turkey, Syria and Lebanon, we look forward to receiving your application as:
The position is to be filled by September 01, 2022. The place of service will be [[Al-Dana]], Syria. The position is compensated according to SG5.
The MEL Assistant will be responsible for supporting the monitoring of all project activities throughout Idleb Governorate, Syria; the project aims to support the most vulnerable internally displaced persons (IDPs) and host communities (HCs) with multi-sectoral components to facilitate their access to food, hygiene and non-food items. The MEL Assistant will report to the MEL Manager of the SYR1078 project in the Turkey office.
The task of the MEL assistant is to:
- Conduct field monitoring and process documentation through data collection, gathering information from communities regarding FLS, WASH and NFI needs.
- Conduct a multi-sector assessment as needed for this or other projects and equip the organization with adequate information to make decisions.
- Perform data analysis and highlight weak points during project implementation – self-implementation or partners.
- Keep track of updates on assessment and monitoring from field investigators, if necessary.
- In line with Accountability to Affected Populations (AAP), proactively develop and manage feedback and complaint mechanisms based on local project circumstances.
- Monitor the effectiveness and efficiency of field activities.
- Keep track of project indicators, data accuracy and desegregation to ensure the project is being implemented according to stated objectives and indicators.
- Produce monitoring and site visit reports (daily, weekly, monthly).
- Conduct a baseline and final study of the project activity
- Conduct KIIs, surveys and focus groups.
- Report any incident occurring in the field that could be affected directly or indirectly to the activities implemented in a timely manner.
- Any other task requested by the supervisor.
- The position is open to Syrian nationals only in Idleb Governorate.
- Education: A diploma/bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized university is preferred.
- Professional experience: Minimum of two or more years of professional experience in a similar position, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Experience conducting interviews/assessments with key informants
- Experience using data collection tools such as Kobo Toolbox, Akvoflow or Commcare.
- Experience in conducting targeted people audits
- Experience in writing monitoring reports in English.
- Knowledge of common computer programs, in particular MS Excel and MS Word.
- Experience working in insecure and remote locations and reporting to remotely located management.
- Data cleaning and data analysis
- Social skills Ability to network and work in a team.
- Language skills: English and Arabic required (written and spoken).
The MEL Assistant is obliged to keep confidential all information obtained in the course of his work during his employment at Welthungerhilfe and thereafter.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field within an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its advisers/employees and to the balance between professional and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-neutral salary grid. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers many other advantages.
WHH receives funds from its donors for projects. If the necessary funds are obtained, the duration of the advertised position may be extended. If funding for the project is not secured, activities will come to a complete halt and the consultancy/employment contract will be terminated.
How to register
Please submit your application via our online recruitment system on the link below before July 23, 2022. PLEASE SEND YOUR CV IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE. Arabic CVs will be rejected. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Please read the privacy notice.
WHH JOB CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE This privacy notice has been drawn up by the Representative Office of Deutsche Welthungerhilfe eV Turkey (“WHH Turkey”) as the data controller pursuant to Article 10 of Turkish Law No. 6698 on the protection of personal data (“law”) and the Communiqué on the principles and procedures for compliance with the obligation to inform. On the legal bases referred to in Article 5, “the processing activity is necessary for the establishment, use or protection of a right” and “the processing is necessary for the conclusion or execution of a contract”, WHH Turkey will process your first and last name, e-mail address, mobile phone number, references and CV/curriculum vitae personal data to carry out the selection and placement processes of job candidates, and transfer them to third-party providers through your applications to WHH Turkey job vacancies posted through employment agencies or by sending your CV/summary to WHH Turkey directly by fully or partially automated means. Additionally, WHH Turkey will liaise with your references assuming all mandatory information is provided and consents are obtained from your side to share their personal data with WHH Turkey. You may submit your requests to WHH Turkey under Article 11 of the Data Subject Rights Act in accordance with Notice on Procedures and Principles of Applying to a Data Controller.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive and non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified individuals from all sections of the community.